29 Dec 2007

An Icelandic woman's experience visiting the US

What is wrong with the United States of America? Is it the stimulus-response mechanism of experiencing terror → making war on terror → terrorizing? Are the United States of America a hysteric or paranoid nation?

I wonder if Erla Ósk Arnardóttir Lilliendahl (that's her correct name) will experience any excuse on the part of the U.S. administration, and I wonder if those responsible will be removed from office. If not, I would be inclined to declare the U.S.A. a closed mental hospital.
clipped from www.sott.net
©Eva Ósk Arnardóttir
During the last twenty-four hours I have probably experienced the greatest humiliation to which I have ever been subjected. During these last twenty-four hours I have been handcuffed and chained, denied the chance to sleep, been without food and drink and been confined to a place without anyone knowing my whereabouts, imprisoned.
When we landed at JFK airport the traditional clearance process began.
I heard an official say that there was something which needed to be looked at more closely and I was directed to the work station of Homeland Security. There I was told that according to their records I had overstayed my visa by 3 weeks in 1995. For this reason I would not be admitted to the country and would be sent home on the next flight.
A chain was fastened around my waist and I was handcuffed to the chain. Then my legs were placed in chains.
So secured, I was taken from the airport terminal in full sight of everybody.
I spent the next 9 hours in a small, dirty cell.
blog it

No comments: